
Three things occurred to me the other day as I was giving my feet a very hot bath and a good scrub down to try to remove the blisters built up from a long summer at camp and a stinginess for buying quality anything, nonetheless shoes...
1. "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15 Something tells me the feet referred to in this passage wouldn't be recruited to advertise the latest foot fashions. Consider Mother Teresa's feet who were severely deformed. Why? Because she selflessly allowed everyone else to have the first pick from the shoes that were sent, choosing the worst ones for herself.
2. It's really difficult to wash my own feet. (especially since I've lost some flexibility) No wonder Mary Magdalene washed Jesus' feet and Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. It's such a blessing to be a part of a body of believers that serves and loves one another.
3. In washing my own feet (or allowing my feet to be washed), I have a clearer picture of how to best wash other's feet. "You shall love your neighbor as you love yourself." Matt. 22:39 How will I know how to love others unless I know what it means to love myself? For instance, if I don't know how scalding the water can feel to my feet even though it felt fine to my hands, I would never know how to adjust as such in serving someone else.
1 comment:
This is beautiful.
I was going to try and type something else about it, but all I can think to say is it is beautiful.
Post a Comment