Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Speak

If I thought words were weightless
then why should I speak
no sign of origin nor receipt?

When I pause before I speak
I'm not without thought
bored, embarrassed, confused, or distraught.

When I stare blankly, lips sealed
don't think I'm a fool
each word can be a piranha or a jewel.

2 comments:

Cory Isaac said...

Sara, you are wise and you speak with wisdom. Glory to God: for His Word dwells within you.

Christy Sopcisak said...

Such truth you speak with every word written. If I would only think all the time before speaking, imagine! Thank you for the reminder! I am so glad you blogged, I love reading your thouhts or trying to figure out your deep, analytical message! Thanks for the posts on mine. I miss you and are praying for a strong finish to the school year. I would love to catch up. I will be home in less than a month and can't wait to see you then. Know that you are making a difference with every word you do speak after careful thought. God is shining through you because of your faithful service to him.