Wow, writing to an unknown reader. This is intimidating for me, but it's worth the risk. I'll explain that in a second. First, I must admit what an honor it is to post my very words on this site and, furthermore, that you have chosen to read it, whoever you may be and however you may know me. So, I will begin by thanking you. Any feedback or response that you wish to offer will be most appreciated.
So, why start blogging? And why such a title?
The two questions are really one in the same for me.
Consider this verse from the book of Ecclesiastes (1:9):
"That which has been is that which will be done. So, there is nothing new under the sun."
Growing up, the most common words of comfort and encouragement that I received from my mother have simply been the reminder that I am not the only one. Whatever I'm going through, has been gone through. However much I've struggled, others have struggled in a similar way. This gives way to my purpose in blogging...to share my humanity with others. Granted, I will try to impress you with poems, song lyrics, thoughts, etc. but don't be fooled. (If there is indeed any reason to be fooled.) I do not seek to be alone in trial, nor in triumph.
In closing, I did decide to revamp the verse a bit to reveal my true identity. In the words of the Apostle Paul, I am a "new creation" because of the sacrifice of my Savior, the Son of God, Jesus.
Thanks be to God!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sara, you have a blog!
I am so excited!!!
Post a Comment