I am a bricklayer
careful and true
Ensuring the bricks lay flat
without angle
Lest the house begin to lean
and risk toppling over
The level is a tool I use most often
Watching the bubble
glide left and glide right
Speculating and adjusting
may it settle in the center.
Wavering too far to the right,
I'm afraid I've applied too much pressure.
Leaning to the left,
Maybe I've not made my wishes known.
For if each brick does not lay flat
and lay level,
I fear that this brick house may surely topple over.
For such a tedious task as this,
I must confess the wages are high.
I entreat you then sir,
Are you still willing to buy?
(I wrote this poem a while back)
...Has anyone ever felt this way before in a relationship?
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
More ego-protecting closure. Let your poetry be willya?
Ahahaha... Neil you are something else.
Never would have guessed this was about a relationship... hmmm....
neil, i'll admit the other time you were right, but this time you're wrong. i wanted to know the answer to that question; that's why i wrote it.
so...?
Post a Comment